Saturday, January 19, 2008

OHHHH MYYY The Count Down Begins

Tuesday is the big day... Rich goes to his new apartment to start the chemo for the Bone Marrow Transplant. For three weeks he will be a resident at the City of Hope in Duarte, Ca. A friend set up this great web site and I must say the message boards are funny. These guys from his water polo high school team at Corona Del Mar have been friends along time. I think there is a move script in this story someplace... Any good writers out there. I am definitely trying to keep it light and not think to hard, long or fast about the whole thing and what is actually going to take place next week. AHHHHHH! I have called the COH social workers to see if I can get in when Rich is there to meet with them. You know we managed to raise our boys, we have made it through 33 years of marriage but somehow I think I missed the chapter in the book of life on Cancer and Bone Marrow Transplants. We will see what happens. I just want to know what to expect as far as his moods and my moods, temperament, anxieties and all those other wonderful emotions I know one of us will be feeling. I do know we are surround in Gods love with all of our friends and relatives. The Lord sends them to us to make our burdens lighter - FOR SURE.... This weekend is going to be about preparing mentally (is that possible) family visiting and keeping busy. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

Just want to let you know that I'll be praying for you guys.

Debbie