Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Better?

The flat pancake tire I found on my car this am is fixed (sort of the triple A man put the spare on) and my kitchen sink is again working.  Better right?  Lots of tension in the family air here tonight, dinner was lacking in any conversation... but it is better right? When is it going to be better? Reading the bible study ONE MONTH TO LIVE and I have not picked it up in days.... after the wonderful stimulating dinner tonight and bible study next Monday, I thought I better pick it up and start reading a little more.... SMACK, Smack, Smack in the face... How would you live your life differently if you only had one month to live.... Or are you living that way now?  Big questions... Failure is never fatal... love that line only it should say minor inconvenience are not fatal... So having the flat tire fixed and the sink back... better right? Other inspiring words.... We don't have control over many things in life.  We don't get to decide the dates on our gravestone.  We don't know when our time on earth will be up.  Only God knows.... BUT there is one thing we have a vast amount of control over.  We get to decide how we're going to use our DASH (the dash is that little line between the year when we were born and when we die.... it's our life in between).  Then they ask the question are you living the dash? Or dashing to live? ahhhh I am better...

RECAP: Rich is home from his mancation (love this word from Lia), I would like to say he had a great time but to quote him he said sometimes the golf got in the way of a really good time, because it was GOLF.... probably something only real golf players understand.

I spent the weekend up in Big Bear with my friend Donna.  The sky is always so blue up in the mountains and the peace, quiet and solitude is so refreshing. No  constant hum of freeway noise like here at home.  We didn't get much scapbooking done but we did go down the hill to Temecula for the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer walk. Very festive and motivating to see all those people walking for  "HEALTH OF HOOTERS"  (this was a little song diddy I heard one of the team singing).  Little kids walking, a girl on crutches, wheel chairs being pushed... lots of people in pink shirts.  You just can't help but get emotional! Walked with niece Cassie Donna, had a couple of her nieces there and I am just glad we did it.  Sometimes it is so easy to talk your self out of something... even if it is something you want to do.  

Robin Kelso, is doing a huge craft show in Clairmont this weekend.... 450 vendors according to the web page.  Robin designs for DEMDACO.  You can go to Demdaco put her name in search and see her line.  At the show she will only be selling originals.  Yes, I plan to get there early since she never has as much product as she can sell. 

I started this blog post on Tuesday and it is now Wednesday.  Life just keeps happening. Off to live and love in my dash moment.  A little happy hour with the hotties and then a trip to Scrap Nation.... or Scrapbook Oasis for a little fun with Lia and the ladies.  LOVE YA.  Tomorrow I am going to post a picture of the HUGE screw that was in my tire. They pulled it out today, plugged the tire and put the spare away.  IT WAS HUGE and I am thankful I did not have a flat on the way down from Big Bear Mountain on Monday.  Yeah, things are better.  

No comments: