Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So


























So hello.  Interesting times we are living in but yet, they are thankful times.  I keep reminding myself how much better this year is so far compared to last.  Not that great things didn't happen last year because they did everyday.  It was just a very stressful time!  Let's see what is new at the island.  We celebrated Kelly's 16th birthday here on Sunday with a nice brunch.  Just a couple of pictures to share. We also celebrated Ronny's birthday.  Kelly had the cupcakes and Ron got the RUM CAKE.   The other picture is Kelly and her beau Andrew.  

Question - in the picture of Rich with the girls you see Cassie on the left she is 14 and will be 15 in April... (still she is 14).  She came to my house with those large pokey things that are about 3 inches long sticking out of her ears down the back of her neck.  I guess these are used to enlarge your ear lobe... WHY does anyone want to do this to their body.  TO have ear lobes like some tribal person.  What next a saucer in her mouth!  I just don't get it! My thoughts are when your 18 and no longer on the payroll of grandma or someone else do what you want to your body.  I am just ponding my head against the computer when it comes to this beautiful girl.  This is the least of the problems. The biggest would be LOVE... she thinks she is in LOVE.... Oh I wish someone would have told me when I thought I was in love years ago that it is so much more than your body and sex, possible unwanted pregnancy and sexual diseases.  It is about your head, heart, soul and very being....  Praying and Praying... I keep praying for wisdom and guidance to interfere more and make the gap between my mother and I larger or let it go and trust.  You see my mom supports 5 grandchildren and 2 adult children on a fixed income and she hardly has time to go to the bathroom let alone parent two teenage girls.  Rich may have had his bone marrow transplant last year - there was a plan a goal!  Things at my mom's just seem a drift with no plan, no goal.  FRUSTRATING.. 

So how is everyone doing out there in cyber land? How has your mood been? I wish I could put a finger on my latest mood.  I seem to be living in worryville and not getting much done - SO here I sit thinking this blogging will work like a therapists and help me to get it out there and DEAL with it.  

Only 9 days to go and the calendar will officially add another year to my age.  We are going to use some of those Marriott points and head off to the JW in Las Vegas. We rolled the loose coin last night and had over $400.00 in change (I now have gambling money).  Susan (the other sista) will be meeting up with us there and we (drum roll) are going to see the JERSEY BOYS.  Susan and I went to LV last year and stayed with Aunt Liz and had a wonderful fun time filled with laughter.  She will be there in spirit with us this year and she will be missed - you can be sure we will be raising more than one glass of spirits to her and enjoying her town.  

SO have a good one!

No comments: