Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pondering Questions

Could it be that the airline industry - besides charging for your second bag of luggage and keeping you under 50 lbs.... could be a direct link to the sluggish economy? Does anyone know a CEO or president of an airline industry they could ask for me? When I go someplace I want to buy souvenirs and take local food items, t-shirts and whatever else home with me to California. I again noticed on this most recent trip that I couldn't spend money or pack anything in my luggage since when we left home we were already at 48 lbs on the luggage (yes, we weigh it at home we don't like surprises).... I kept my wallet in my purse a lot more than I wanted to. I know you can buy it, pack it mail it.... which brings up another point who wants to spend their 5 day trip running around doing those errands (find the box, buy tape, pack it, address it, go to post office... you get the scene)? And don't you want what you purchased with you when you arrive home in lieu of waiting for the post man to deliver it? I guess you could keep the new stuff and mail home the dirties... ICK.....


Next question - all the airlines (that I know of) have gone to a "CASHLESS CABIN meaning you need to have your credit card with you to purchase anything and these days the airlines have lots of stuff to sell besides an adult beverage (pillows, headsets, snacks, movies). What brings this up? A recent article in some newspaper about Jet Blue or other airlines charging to go to the bathroom? ..... Well not yet, but could it be coming? Which leads me to my biggest Pondering Question.... if you had to pay on the plane to go to the bathroom ... would #1 cost more than #2 and where or where would we slide our credit card... would toilet paper cost more if you are a female? Or here is a suggestion if this really happens... perhaps when we check in you could have us buy a pre-paid potty pass and the flight attendant after storing all those ridicules carry ons that weigh more than 50lbs could punch our potty pass... Somethings are just meant to be FREE or INCLUDED or a NICEITY.... George Carlin where are you when we need you to make this all very funny for us...? Be sure to laugh out loud today it is good for the body - good for the soul.

No comments: