Thursday, September 11, 2008

COUNT DOWN

Beautiful Liz.If my life were a reality show... which it feels like it is lately or a bad country western song. So much going on in the past month. Too many things and issues to deal with this year, this week! Yet, I pray and try my best to remain positive and maintain good humor (not the ice cream man... for those who can remember the GOOD HUMOR ice cream man). I guess you could call this LIFE, with all it's bumps, grinds, laughs, smiles and tears. The vacation count down has begun and in 7 days we are off to Kauai and the big Island of Hawaii. I should be excited, happy and anxious ready and willing (right) to do laundry so we can pack. Instead..... I have nothing to say no words of wisdom to "SELF". Something I do know ... this trip is different than last year. Last September we knew Rich would be going into City of Hope for his bone marrow transplant... we gave ourselves permission to have an outstanding vacation since their would be a long road and recovery. We did there was. In 2006 we went to Kauai and stayed at the Waiohai Beach Club, with Aunt Liz and her sister Susan. This year the trip will have lots of sweet memories of Liz and our trip there with her. I will never forget her comment about how much neater the place would look if they would only trim some of the vegetation. We still laugh about that one. Liz, we will have pineapple drink for you and picture you there with us just like it was September 2006....
The famous only to us "SISTAS" in Kauai


My head keeps arguing with my heart about isn't this terrible... could that be better. Could the 5 1/2 year old computer not need to be replaced (at least I have a computer).... Could the 17 year old washer and dryer not need to be replaced since they are on their last load... well at least I can have clean clothes. Could my car seat not have broken yesterday and need a bucket of money to fix. At least I have a car to fix... yeah- yeah... another head and heart argument... what a crock of ^%@#... says the head and the heart says no it's true you are blessed... To be Continued. The head -heart argument. Oh well the sun will come up tomorrow - tomorrow. I hope the heart wins the argument. It will...

No comments: