Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wally, Rich and the Dodgers




Rich has named his IV pole that he is for the most part permanently attached to "WALLY".... Today the Dodgers just happened to be in the building and came to Rich's room for a little one on one time - visit. The above picture is Rich, Wally (he could not get rid of Wally although he tried) and some of the Dodgers. Now that is something that just does not happen all the time 5 Dodgers in your room. I would give you names but it is late and after a 10 hour day in Duarte my mind is mush. Tomorrow I will get their names. I now have some very favorite, special, Dodger players I will be cheering for for all year. Rich is feeling better and it shows. No where close to where he needs to be but a little better all the same, he received some blood and platelets today. The other picture is of the nurses and assistants that did his bone marrow transplant. SOME AMAZING WOMEN. The one on the far right I have chosen as my other future daughter-in law (don't tell Jeff) but she has a boyfriend. You may think that blue cooler is full of beer like most ice chest but it was full of the 14 packages of cells they transplanted back into him over those two days last week (the ice chest - beer line was supposed to be funny, but it just didn't come out right, to tired to change it). I understand next week more "celebs" will be stopping in for a visit... the famous "SISTAS" !GOD BLESS and keep those prayers coming, I know they are giving us strength and healing...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: