Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things

Things in Life are good.  And some things really bug me. First the good stuff, before Halloween we had Happy Hour here at the Island complete with Kona Beer, Hawaiian Martini's and my personal favorite Cosmo's. Robin was here visiting from Colorado - not that we needed an excuse to have a Happy Hour since we try to have one every week.  You know my other new motto is I won't be needing my liver for another 53 years... (I am thinking 35 years max) SO drink up! Thanks Lia for taking the pictures.









Gracie does not drink unless you count water.  But in this picture she sure looks like she has been drinking.  She knows how to blink and keep her eyes closed before the flash goes off.  She is one funny party dog.














Going to the Dentist is not all bad (I had to go today for that wonderful scratch and buff - also known as a cleaning) but when your dentist is in Laguna Beach and it is a beautiful day at the beach - well  park the car and go for a little walk.  That is what Gracie and I did.  It was only 9:30 in the am and the temperature was perfect, we even saw dolphin swimming off shore.  Love having the camera in the purse with a little self timer.  












Something that bugs me today.... Don't know what to think or make of this but here goes.  While in the reading room today (bathroom) I picked up the latest Readers Digest (is the bathroom not where everyone keeps their Readers Digest? I think they should rename it the Urinal Paper Reader).. anyway came across this little diddy on page 203 of QUOTES (they were about the up coming holidays - sometimes I even know the people they are quoting)  

Christmas: It's the only religious holiday that's also a federal holiday.  That way, Christians can go to their services, and everyone else can sit at home and reflect on the true meaning of the separation of church and state.  Samantha Bee 

QUESTIONS... is this the best quote RD could come up with?
How exactly are you supposed to interpret this.  We don't know if she is a Christians or not or some whacko who will now be trying to do away with Christmas as a federal holiday.  Will Readers Digest be suing me for using something with out permission...?  AND if this lady uses a paid from work holiday to reflect on things like separations... does she not need to get a life. When I am done here I am going to google her name and see what comes up.

Check out Jeff's Web site for his latest most recent, green up date on a school that no longer uses foam trays...  Southern-tier . This could be an entire new blog about school lunch trays.  I think back in the 60' they were made out of some now outlawed chemicals.  I remember they actually washed them in a dishwasher and we used real flatware... Convenience is not always a good thing. Oh and lunch was really expensive at school for .35.
BIG PRAISE GOD to my best friend Donna who became a Grandmother yesterday, to baby Jackson.  He showed up over 8 weeks early - lots of prayers for this new family.

No comments: