Sunday, November 30, 2008

Best to SAY it with PICTURES

Pictures of HEN ree EAT-A...             BEFORE & AFTER....       The bird who did not get the presidential pardon since she ended up in my oven.... As you can see in the first picture I gave her a nice herb with butter massage (not just any rub- a William Sonoma rub, only the best for our Turkey) and I stuffed her before she went into the oven.  What girl does not like a good massage followed by being stuffed... Personally I will skip the oven part. Unless it is Hawaii and I am baking in the sun.  She was a beauty.  AND I almost forgot she had such a happy life before she ended up in my oven... SHE WAS A FREE RANGE TURKEY... ahhh.... let me tell you that turkey really did have some bruising on her thighs - I don't think free range is all it is cracked up to be - a girl can get hurt in the open out of a cage when the Tom's are chasing you down or you are crying because one of the other hens made some rude remark about your waddle .... 
The table looked festive.  Done by Cassie and Sarah and fresh flowers from Ray and Ron. Of course this is also a before picture since after would show all the gravy stains and crumbs and the dirty dishes..
This would also be a  picture before Hen ree EATA was done ... nothing like a little festive marinate for ones own body, mind and soul.  Just in case HEN ree EAT-A didn't make it to the table and turned into TURKEY JERKY... a little relax JUICE (Cosmo) for me and Barb.... Can I have one now... Oh wait it is SUNDAY and I am blogging.... Made myself thirsty... crisis avoided for now, maybe later.

Hope every one's bird was delightful... Love to all
more fun good stuff to share later... Today is #34 for Rich and Jackie... I think I will go down stairs and we can fall asleep in our comfy chairs and drool together.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Jackie,
Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! I've so missed scrapping with you...let me know when you and Lia are going to be at Oasis next so that I can meet you both there!
XOXO
Cheryl