Monday, January 19, 2009

Good News & Liven Life





Good News from the City of Hope last Tuesday.  Rich is clear and good to go for 3 months till he has to have blood work done again. Scans were clear bone marrow aspiration was good... AHHH such wonderful news!  He has come so far in the past year.  January 30th is his new Birthday and we will be celebrating this 1st birthday Island style with a little PPPPAAAARRRTTTYYY, here at Hyland's Island.  As you can see from this post last January, we have come along way... Deep breath-release enjoy.

Other News this week.  I had my one year protest anniversary of avoiding TARGET.  Yes, it has been a year and it feels good to know I actually held tight to my beliefs and did not spend ONE (Lincoln) cent in that place.  I did walk through twice and things pretty much looked the same.  I am still in no hurry to go there and buy their goods but funny story, we got some coupon in the mail from them this week, which we have not gotten in along time (unless Rich tosses them) but I happened to grab this one and it was like they were trying to call my name... JACKIE  come back....  come save $5.00, with this coupon....funny.

A week ago last Sunday charming Susan (one of the SISTAS of Aunt Liz and Susan ) came to visit and spend the night- oh my gosh it was so joyful and fun to see her and talk about Aunt Liz.  We were reminiscing about how we celebrated our birthdays last year together in Las Vegas,    with Liz and maybe we should go again this year. To my amazement my gracious hubby went upstairs used the fabulous Marriott points and we are booked for our March birthdays at the Summerlin in Las Vegas for March 19 to the 21st.... Relax and Spa time and a little gambling here I come... Oh and a birthday.  They have amazing spa treatments and a women's spas area that you could spend a week luxuriating in. 

What else what else what else.... Been scrapbooking at the Oasis  and did this class and even had my picture posted on their blog.  If that is not total hollyscrappin (like hollywood) I don't know what could be better.  Very fun and cute project.  

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

GREAT news about Rich! So happy to hear it! I am so proud of your one year boycott Target anniversary...good for you! Hope to see you at Oasis in a couple of weeks. I won't make it this week since I'm babysitting the grandoggy and I don't dare leave her at night!
Hugs,
Cheryl