Saturday, January 24, 2009

OUCH My feet Hurt

My poor feet are screaming at me right now...    SIT DOWN   ... give me a breather you should try carrying this load all day - or in this case all morning....  So I find myself sitting for awhile and my feet taking a deep foot breath... ahhhh.... that is all I need talking feet.  Been in the kitchen playing all morning with this rainy wet weather.  Making Chocolate white chocolate cookies (Ian Garten ).... and they are really good.  Also found an old cookbook and it had a Red Velvet cake recipe (very trendy right now) so I made that and I really am feeling like Betty Cracker this morning - the only thing not 100% happy my feet...  Rich is out playing golf in the rain, which is funny since he thinks sugar melts and he thinks he is sugar.. dumb I know but something he has been saying in the rain for 34 plus years.  Maybe someday I will scrap that richism...  My friend Donna is back at the hospital seeing her dad, Jeff is working and well it was just me, Gracie, the kitchen and CMT on the TV (love looking at those sexy belt buckles and boots) this morning.  Anxious for someone to come home and try the cookies.  I always need a second opinion.  Went to the Oasis last night and had some great laughs with the ladies  in case I have not told you and you read this I LOVE YOU GUYS!  I do think all that Laughter releases some joyful hormone that carries you through the next day (no wonder someone calls it her HAPPY SPOT).  Time to get back up on my feet and clean up the baking mess my feet are starting to get a little to relaxed!  Joy, laughter and something tasteful to everyone today and all week.  Party on Friday.... 1st birthday celebration for Rich (it's been a year since the transplant)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....all of that baking sounds yummy. The next time you find yourself all alone and in need of a cookie tester you can call, because good friends are there for each other that way... :)

Am so happy to hear that you and your family will celebrating Rich's good health on his "birthday". That is the best of all the good news so far in this new year!

Love,
Julie