Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Week

It is going to be a good week.... NO TRIPS to the City of Hope. Last weeks doctor appointment was very encouraging. Platelets were going up white count was down from it's previous up but that was also an artificial number since Rich had been given a Nupagen shot. Doctor feels the body and the new bone marrow cells are working but it could take 6 months for him to be 100%. Personally, I found this news to be very good. I hope the 57 freeway does not miss our vehicle too much this week. Actually, pending any complications the next blood test aren't scheduled til
March 12. The first PET scan where we find out if we (he) is in remission will be the beginning of April. Still holding our breath and praying for good results.

Saturday night is really different around here. We still do Date Night but, it is from the recliners in the family room. Last night there was so much excitement around this place I almost busted from the fun... We sat in our chairs and watched FLIP THAT HOUSE and an episode or two of My 1st Home. EWWWeeEEEee... FUN... I am not complaining I am just comparing to what we used to do. We will get back to our old ways soon. I see Rich getting more and more energy everyday and becoming more of his old self. He is still really afraid of crowds and sick people as he should be til the white count and immune system gets better.

Friends continue to come and visit which is always a great distraction and I am spending a lot more time at home since Rich is here and I am actually getting more scrapbooking done and "I THINK I LIKE IT. A week ago last Saturday Donna and I went to a 16 hour crop at our local Scrappin store SCRAPBOOK OASIS. It was so very much fun. Yes, I feel a little guilt - Rich was home alone. Well he did have Gracie here so he did have some dog companionship. I will try and get some pic's posted later of my latest scrap project a Birthday mini book for Jonathan from his 10th birthday when we all went deep sea fishing.

Jeff, as of yesterday, was in Corpus Cristi Texas he has a new blog posted (2-29) and we are so excited Mike and Meghan will be headed to St. Thomas in April. We exchanged one of our Marriott weeks and they got in... WOW the U.S. Virgin Islands in April. They are so excited. I am excited for them. Can not wait to help Meghan with that scrap book...
LOVE-PRAYERS-ALOHA-HUGS-KISSES and Blessings...to you!

No comments: