Thursday, June 5, 2008

What do you think?

I just returned home from shopping at a scrapbook store in South Orange County.... very established, decent inventory..... I don't want to name names but you can probably figure it out. Here is my story.... I called on the phone at 11:05 to see if they had some SR paper and rub-ons I was looking to add to my collection. The phone was BUSY... BUSY.... BUSY.... so I thought what the heck at $4.20 a gallon shouldn't take much more than that (a gallon) to drive there so I did. I called them from the parking lot 20 to 25 minutes later and the phone is still busy.... DHUA, might it be off the hook? I told the employee behind the desk and she looked at me and said well it shows the line is in use..... could an extension be off the hook...? So she goes and finds the extension and guess what it was off the hook... I am still standing at the front of the store by the register and she says - were you calling for anything in particular (you think)... I told her I was looking for the SR stock - she takes me down a row and said it should be here and the phone which she is holding in her hand rings (imagine that) she said look in here I will be back I have to help this person on the phone.... HELLO the phone wouldn't have rung if I would not have told you it was off the hook. Needless to say the paper was not in the row she took me in which I completely figured out on my own after carefully reading the rows of paper about three times (I was figuring I was the dumb one that could not find it). Tried another row and found it.... So I am willing to forgive and forget until I looked at some of the prices they are charging on their scrapbook supplies. Everything I touched was .50 to $3.00 higher than another local store which I frequent. Three other items I was looking for they didn't have, the Liberty Line by SR and the SR rub-ons (if I could have reached them by phone I would have known this and not driven down there and paid a toll on the toll road) and no one had an answer as to whether or not they would be getting or carried these items. So what do you think when you go into your LSS (local scrapbook store) and find things to be marked up for no apparent reason? We are not talking food or gas prices here, we are talking scrap book supplies. I guess I just had to vent because scrap book stores are usually my happy place and it did not feel happy today. I can tell you I will not be going back there anytime soon....

Happier News... Off to Monterey tomorrow morning EARLY. Hubby's business meeting. We get to have dinner in the Aquarium (big Tuna swimming by looking at you while you are eating .... no don't say FISH) and see Mike and Meghan, they are actually spending the night in the hotel with us on Saturday, YIPPEE. I am so excited to see them and deliver Suzy's P kit to Meghan. I hope putting the kit together will be something she can do easily enough once she has her next surgery. She is scheduled for her second liver re-section June 18. Last time it took her about 9 months to a year to fully recover. I am just about in tears blogging about it now. To much for someone so young. I hope scrapping is her happy place.

I better go pack my swim suit so I can swim with those TUNA...... Now that would be a great funny picture. Is that what they mean when they say she drinks like a fish then swims with them too..... Have a mighty great weekend and HAPPY ADHESIVE.

No comments: