Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That is the new ME...!!!!



Not much to say except PAULA BUNION (aka: the bitch since she was a real pain in the foot) has been properly removed (yesterday)...My bottom is getting sore from sitting in all these weird positions with my foot propped up wearing this ski book like device - can't drive for about 2 weeks (how will I ever get to my Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for my daily fix). My wrist will still be in a cast for three weeks.... I feel a mess. Time to stop I feel like I am wining...

On a much much happier note Meghan called us Friday night and sounded pretty good. Her pain management is much better this time than when she had her other liver resection in 11-06. We are going to call them tonight since rumor has it she might get released today or tomorrow. ONE WEEK later.... She is so brave, loving and courageous. Her mother Beverly should be mom of the year. I so admire this women. Please everyone keep them in your prayers.

Oh my what a great weekend. Friday the neighbors came over and we enjoyed a new Martini recipe (we were the Guinea pigs for the Bridal luncheon new martini recipe... we had to take one for the team) It is called a Caribbean Martini, made with Vanilla vodka, Malibu rum and a SPLASH of pineapple (I need a couple of splashes)... OH MY SUCH delight like a mai tai without all the bulk and extra sweet. You can GOGGLE Caribbean martini and it will come up... I would link it but I don't' remember which site I ended up using.

Saturday my NBSF (Lia) and I drove down to Ever After Scrapbooks in Carlsbad and took a quick fun scrap class from Alison Kraft of Hambly. What a neat company Hambly is and I must say the kit was very generous. A quick ride home and my hubby was in the car waiting for me as we pulled up so I could hop from one car to the other and head for our next event a free concert on the lake here in Woodbridge by an A cappella group called the Alley Cats, doing great doo wap music from the 50's and 60's. We joined our friends the Clarke's and the Frick's and then afterwards we invited them back to try the new Martini recipe (more Guinea pigs) and we told them we were renaming it the "Hawaiian Martini". Lee spilled a little on his shirt and we could not stop laughing since the joke was he spilled it on his shirt in such a way it made a MAP of the Hawaiian Islands... Is that Lanai they are pointing at?

Sunday Church and the bridal lunch for Julie Ross soon to be Julie Brisley. Neiman Marcus Curry Chicken salad, popovers with strawberry butter and a wonderful fruit tart. The guys ended up going to the new bowling alley STRIKE in the district while we did lady luncheon stuff. Everyone ended up back here at the Island for some more fun "couple time" Oh don't forget the new MARTINI'S... they were well received but it was so darn HOT outside no one wanted to mix to much alcohol and HEAT...

I really should not be wining life is GOOD and even better with a MARTINI.... Love, Hugs and Prayers. I will leave you with a few more pic's of a fun filled, weekend.

Don't you just love orange and green.. I DO - I Do. Love the Bird of Paradise too.

The Fruit Tart... beautiful arranged fruit by my great neighbor Barb

Julie and Dr. Mark... So cute.

No comments: